Thursday, April 21, 2005

Purging

"...IN PARADISE, WHEN THOU WERT BORN IN THE FIRST ROSE, BENEATH THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE, THOU RECEIVEDST A KISS, AND THY RIGHT NAME WAS GIVEN THEE-- THY NAME, POETRY."


That's right I'm a poet, spoken word artist, wordsmith and whatever else you choose to call me...




When people hear the word purge they think of getting rid of something... Well thats what this space is for getting rid of the old me, my old ways, and re-learning what it means to be me completely. I still find myself scared to write in my journal, scared to be completely honest for fear of coming to reality door and never finding the courage to knock. And crying because I chose not to. I'm sick of being sick, tired of being too tired to care. So I took a stand four years ago and decided to me, the me no one knew I was. I wrote a whole story of me prior and let everyone read it, and now they dont understand that it was fiction. Now I'm writing biographies of me so now they cant deny the real me. They may run and hide, decide they dont like me, give me the finger... IONT CARE!!!!! I'll still be me today, tomorrow and forever.

"...I dont get many compliments, but i am confident used to have a complex about being too complex" NOT ANYMORE....

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke Cage said...

Very poignant and straight-in-your-face commentary luv. I ended up here by way of Jam's spot. After awhile, it's all about purging and then replenishing what was lost so that tomorrow is introduced with a newer you. Staying true to form since your rebirth, continue to be YOU today, tomorrow and more importantly, forever. Nice introspective post.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home