Friday, April 22, 2005

Someday....

Someday I'll get what I want, how I want it. I say no tomatoes, I'll get no tomatoes, I say full service I'll get full service. The satisfaction of getting what you want how u want it is great. I am a different kinda lady, I zig as much as I zag, and I like it that way. I'm not conventional in any way shape and/or form. Cant be.... I'm a revolutionary....lol...

No but really I do want to revolutionize how people listen to music to where it isnt all about a tight beat. I want to change the way people read, the erotic nature of Zane's (and others like her) is killing the brain cells of our youth. I see them as I'm riding the train, completely engulfed in these books, its weird to me that that stuff sells as well as it does when you cant invest any real emotion into something and it doesnt make you a better person for reading it. I want to change the movies we watch too. We have converted to Blaxploitation again... i.e "King's Ransom" I mean really?! Why cant we have love stories that stay with us, why cant we have family building movies that sustains our beliefs? Why the hell arent there more actors that can play our roles? Im tired of seeing Sanaa, Taye, Mahki, Omar, Gabrielle, Morris, Boris, and all the others that have been in every "black" movie in the last 8yrs!!!!
Does anybody hear me out there?!

I'm at my desk at work again with nothing to do... Got called for an interview for next week basically doing the same thing I'm doing now but the pay is better, and its closer to home.
We'll see on Tuesday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Luke Cage said...

I hear you on the recycling of black actors. I've been speaking about that for over a decade now. It's not that we don't like these folks, but it seems like they are the ONLY ones they use in our movies. What about Jeffrey Wright, Terrance Howard, Marcus Chong, Harold Perrineau Jr. and some others?

Like Media Junkie mentioned, once we grab hold of our own, we can enact upon putting our type of love stories, vanguard, foreign and even action movies the way we want to have them done. Nice post.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home