Monday, July 31, 2006

Subtle Racism...nothing subtle about it.

There is a woman at my job that I used to like. I thought she was funny, in a crass kinda way. But the more and more I paid attention to her I realized that she is really a racist person. She is a 66 yr old Jewish (she a "holiday" Jewish woman I should say, only Jewish when she gets days off from work) woman, who refers to everyone by their race and or religion as a means of description.

When she tells a story its "That Black lady", "That Indian man", "That Muslim". It's really weird to me that she is like this, but at the same time it's weirder still everyone around her tolerates it. Excuses her behavior by saying she's old and doesn't know any better. She does know better, she's just is being herself. I could see if she saved the racism for at home among her family, but this old hefer uses it whenever, wherever, doesn't care if it's offensive or not.

I rarely speak to her now, and she doesn't know why. I don't have to explain myself. I just don't tolerate her or the shit that comes out of her mouth.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sweet KeiKei said...

sublte??? how about this white beyotch i work with had the nerve to call me buckwheat a few months back! gonna say her kids were into the little rascals and blah blah blah. i wanted to wring her neck and throw her out the 40th fl window.
seriously though, i think i shoulda sued the company because they said they found "no derogatory intent". what do you think?

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home