Tuesday, May 15, 2007

With the birth of my daughter I've been getting calls from friends, new and old. While I enjoy these conversations I find that all of them end up with that friend saying they can't believe I'm married and have a child. After hearing it from about 98% of people, I realized that it was more than growing older and reminiscing. Comments like they thought they'd be first, or or they didn't think it would happen for me.

I almost got offended. Well actually i am a little offended and I'm a little disheartend. I know I've had a few strike outs in love before getting married, but did they really make people rule out thhat it would ever happen for me? I mean damn, thanks for the hope people... But I also realized that part of it was my fault too. My pride kept me from being completely open with anyone. I was too afraid to appear volnerable to anyone, even those I attemped to be in "intimate" relationships with. So having those conversations about marriage and kids rarely happened, if at all with some of them... But I am married, and i am a mother...

So much for being the lonely childless friend...

2 Comments:

Blogger Sweet KeiKei said...

if i ever get married i know some people who are gonna fall out and die...lol.
but seriously, it's funny how people judge you when you're just living your life.

9:11 AM  
Blogger LuvJam said...

if i've ever said this to you. Please don't misunderstand. For someone i consider a sister spirit. I always want the best for you and at times feel the very way you do. So it's not that i didn't ever expect you and that dude from IT to finally pull it together. :) for me it's more like.. woah.. if she can pull it together wtf is wrong with me???? but you do have the cutest baby i've ever seen and i've been tearing my hair out all weekend cuz i know i'm too busy to see you even though your in my neck of the woods.. here i go sucking at life again ;) love you always J for leading by example :)

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home