Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Wastes of Talent....

1. I found out yesterday my company is closing it state -side finace departments and outsourcing them to India... so I've been laid off... technically I have 90 days to wrap up all my projects and such... I did take issue with the way it was handled by the company. they said it to us in an emergency mandatory meeting... the meeting lasted all of 10 minutes, where they said "the company is going in the following direction..., and by the way we're outsourcing your functions, any questions?" It was disrespectful and harsh. But it is what it is... thejob hunt goes into fifth gear now...

2. I've been hearing a lot about the upcoming concerts Lauryn Hill and Bilal are doing here in Brooklyn in August...
Bilal he is a genius! but a genius on crack/heroin is no good for anyone. he has developed the rep for being high/drunk when he performs so a lot of people don't want the risk attached when booking him. His last two attempts at releasing an album have all been thwarted because he can't stay clean. he is entirely too talented to just dash his prowess to the side and smoke/snort/inject that crap...

Now Lauryn is just going through some stuff... she needs to get away from Brother whatever his name, and understand that she can't preach to the masses in the manner she is going about it. people who have been to her spotty summer tour dates have come back to say the show sucked basically. The band is too big and too loud, she is incoherant, her preachy lyrics are turning people off, and fans are asking for their money back at the end of the shows... maybe she needs a good blunt like back in the day...

Now there are some other people I could name that are being quite wasteful of their talents... some due to lack of motivation, lack of direction, lack of support, lack of resources, some just plain and simple didn't take the opportunity to succeed when it was handed to them, lack of informed/intellegent management, lack of production.... i could go on but I'll stop here cause I must be fair and lump myself in with them....


What are you people doing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home