Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Old...

Yes, I feel old. Not just today, or yesterday, I feel old overall. I see kids that I babysat, in high school ready to graduate in a year or two. I see my friends getting married and having kids. I see the people I thought were ancient as a child have died and their kids are now ancient. I have aches and pains from my years of sportsmanship that just come and go as they please. I'm only 24 and it bothers the hell out of me to see young boys with their pants down to their knees and the little girls wearing next to nothing with their mothers standing by and saying nothing or buying that shit for them.

I hate to see the babies in my neighborhood wearing clothes thats too big to make them look more thuggish, more like their daddys. I live near four schools, two middle schools and two elementary schools, and every morning I hear the kids cussing and carrying on, so much to the point I wear head phones blasting gospel music to drown out that nonsense. Why is an 11-12yr old cussing? This totally blows my mind!

Over the holiday weekend the following crimes occured involving children....

- 11yr old in Long Island strangles her mother to death, because the mother asked her to clean her filthy room.

-17 yr old strngles his father to death because the father said no to his son

-9yr old stabs and kills her 11yr old best friend over a ball they found (see previous blog)

-17yr old high school student shoots the attendees of his high school pre grad get together then kills himself

-4yr old shot and killed in accidental shooting, he walked into the line of fire of target practice family and friends were having on the property

I am having a very difficult time digesting this, my mind refuses to wrap itself around theses cases. Its illogical to think that kids are this far gone and that parents are/were that careless in raising them!

I told my mother last night that this kinda stuff makes me not want to have kids. I aint afraid of my kids I'm afraid of everybody else messing with them...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home