Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Maybe

maybe im addicted to the freshness
the newness of love
addicted to the very sight, the feeling of new love
maybe i need the high of a new love
anticipating phones calls
cleaning my spot for a pop visit that may not occur
getting cute cause i might check you after work
maybe i need that butterfly feeling constantly
maybe i cant get comfortable in love
maybe my palms have to be sweaty for me to breathe easy
maybe i need to tingle everytime we touch
could be that i need the initial love feeling, not the long term
maybe i have to have a need to impress him to be on my p's and q's
cant get comfortable enough to relax
might be that i'm a serial monogamist
love and love til i cant
and end it then
monogamy is a beautiful thing
living and loving the one your with
but when the love is gone
want them and their shit out of your spot
maybe i cant love more than what i've been
maybe i aint the marrying type
could be that i aint healed
wounds still fresh still open
or just infected
Doesnt mean I'm not hurt, or unscathed...
with every battle scar comes a new truth that manifests in my life...
and I have no one to blame for the scars,
they mean I've been somewhere,
fought some battle and lived to tell the story.
Time heals all wounds they say... I have to agree.Waiting for my healing...
feel like love dont love me no more
but my ex's do
i can function in love
cause i forget to love me first
when i love me
love my reflection
love my imperfections
love my flaws
maybe me and love can rekindle the flame
fall in love again
and make us some love kids
just maybe

1 Comments:

Blogger LuvJam said...

hey lady have you heard the Passion by lauryn hilll.. i think you need to :)

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home