Thursday, December 08, 2005

It had to be said...To My love: I love you so strong it hurts sometimes...

I find myself in the middle of the war inside your head,
times when you want me and right when it gets good,
you walk away
and say you wanted to be alone anyway,
you show me a side of yourself,
seen, in my mind
only by me
then you retreat inside yourself
and say I shouldn't know these things about you,
I don't know how to make both side happy,
and you don't seem to either,
but I love you anyway, battle scars and all
hoping the fighting ends and the you I see comes out the victor
If I could shed your tears for you,
I would cry rivers and oceans to free you from the pain inside you,
If I could fight the demons you seem to harbor inside
I will, knowing you'd be better without them
If I could hold you until you felt safe,
I'd watch days and weeks even years go by waiting for your security to be concrete
I've watched you grow, and watched you chop yourself down
watched you learn and then undo the teaching,
I watched you succeed and seen you find ways to guarantee your failure

sabotage is your only enemy...not me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home