Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Work

I been going through a lot lately... hence the lack of posts on the blog...


Basically what's been going is my management/directorial staff is upset that i have been sick and not getting better. I missed five days in two weeks and they began to panic. But I told them that I would take a week off unpaid to get myself well and preserve my remaining sick/vacation days, if they just let me know how to go about it. They took more than a week and by that time I was at the height of being sick. I have no more sick/vacation days left. My director started to panic and got it in the managerial staffs head that i would probably have to be on bed rest for a while, so they all took that as the truth. Really what happened was my doctor called and explained that I would not be returning to work until I could breathe well. My director kept asking what was wrong, my doctor refused to tell her. So last Friday she got so uptight about the convo with the doctor, she decides I'm probably not coming back for a while, gets my other director in the mix and the two of them ransacked my desk looking for what they called "pending work".

I come in on Monday 9/25, still sick as dog, and they present me with a huge stack of paper and ask me to explain what all the papers were, piece by piece. So I had to make them feel stupid, 95% of it was to be thrown away, the rest was filing that i let pile up. then they got on me about some files i put in someone's office and how they found checks in the files. I said that wasn't true because i checked all the files to guarantee there weren't any, but some how someway there were three checks in the files that no one knows where they came from. So they said I shouldn't have put the files in that persons office because things like this happen and I would get the blame for it.

I went to HR on Monday as well. Our rep, which they didn't know I already am cool with her (soror), gave me the explanation of the FMLA leave and that from now all days off will count as that, unpaid of course. Our rep just got switched to our group so she wanted the low down on the goings on. i gave her the good version. Damaging to our bosses, yes very much so, but not the whole story. So she said she is going to implement some changes in the department and make it so my directors report everything to her every month.

It started out as a sinus infection, then an ear infection and seriously inflammed nasal passages. One of the infections got worse and affected the other infection casing me to get worse. And on top of all of this I'm pregnant. And according to my doc that is making it worse, something to do with my extra estrogen and progesterone casing the production od excess mucus in my sinuses. I'm not well still. But I have to come in here, and be a team player.

1 Comments:

Blogger LuvJam said...

Team player my ass.... can you tell i've never been a supporter of "office politics"

:( hope you get better.. before you have to stab someone in the eye with a letter opener lol.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home