Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My birthday was Sunday... this was the first time I think in my whole life were more people forgot my b'day than normal. A lot of people get my day wrong, they'll call the day before or the day after. This year people just flat out forgot. People I grew up with that usually remember, people that are closest to me forgot. Which was weird. A few of them called and we had regular convo, but they didn't remember to say it, or didn't recall the date I guess. And I didn't remind them either. if they didn't remember on their own, I wasn't going to coax birthday wishes out of them.

I'm not bitter, it was just weird. My day didn't really belong to me like it usually does. I spent the majority of it cleaning and shopping for my child's coming.

My b-day means more to me than Christmas, and this year it didn't feel that special. Almost felt like another day in passing. I sung happy birthday to myself all day. My husband gave me a card when it turned 12am. It was a really nice card.

But I guess I have to get used to not being the center of attention on February 18.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home