Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I NEED Music...

I'm at home layed up... stomach issues...

I been watching several things on tv. Saw the new Jay-z video. It was cute. The song is cute. But music really sucks. If i hear "Chicken Noodle Soup" one more damn time... I'm scheduling my concerts for the winter, I NEED music in my life. I'm supposed to see Algebra on Thursday, and Floetry next week. Then there isn't anything worth spending money on for weeks. But by the time any reelly good concerts come up I'll be too fat/pregnant to attend.

But I seem to find really dope artists on the underground/independent circuit.

I found Anthony David by accident along with my homegirl Jam. Found myself on his website all the time until I got the cd. and i listen to his stuff everday. anthonydavidmusic.com.

Found Algebra on a website that leaks music. she's on myspace and kedar.com

I found Jon Bibbs by dating him in high school...lol... ok that wasn't on the circuit. But we are truly friends, he's a true blue dude. jonbibbs.com and on myspace.com.

Eric Roberson found him by accident, but got introduced to majority of his stuff my peeps. ericrobersonmusic.com

Kia El-Amin, she is the truth, jam found her at an open mic at our spot, Tropical Soul. Jam gave me a cd on one of my trips down to Va. I heard the first six bars and fell in love with her voice. We tried to work together, but it hasn't worked out. She's on myspace.com.

But recently i've discovered Velencia Robinson, she is too dope. Her song "Bye Bye Angel" is just a relaxing soul groove. if you get a moment check her out she's on myspace.com.

Music is dying... Save the music...

1 Comments:

Blogger LuvJam said...

so if we were to really start a label, what would we release first? A compilation of unknowns? or just people we know ???

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home