Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Hitting me slowly....

Had something typed and ready to post... somehow someway it got erased..... so I summed up everything I was feeling into a few choice phrases taken from songs by Ms. Kia El-Amin(if you want to actually hear full versions of the songs I'll email them to you), and some other famous and not so famous folks.....


" Amidst the hussle and bussle of the day, I take a moment to breathe. Sometimes the smoke so thick its hard to focus initially, to see. So instead of feeling out of control, slow it down and take inventory. Treat life like books, one page at a time, until you finish the story. Patiently waiting to be all I can be. Watching as everyone steps into their own except me... I learned early on, that patience is a virtue. We all want so much to succeed, what you reach out for too hastily may hurt you..."

" 'Cause when this life is over, and the truth can now be found. Get your shit together while your feet still touch the ground. People watching their own demise. With one foot in the grave and their head to the sky. Cause time is moving faster, and the world still moves round and round, get yourself together while your feet still touch the ground."

" ...I'm still working on me... Struggling with the me I used to be, I'm still working on me. But my God knows, I'm trying to find my way home to the woman I need to be. I'm still working on me, I aint got it right yet, cause I'm still working on me. So obvious to you aint always clear to me. It aint impossible, it aint even improbable to be incomplete. I'm still working on me...."

" I've lived, I have earned, I have taken, I have earned, I have laughed, I have cried, I have failed and I have tried, sunshine, pouring rain, found joy through my pain, i just wanna be happy being me.... always and all ways...."

" Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing thing must be attained."

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want and if they cant find them, make them"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home