Monday, October 31, 2005

I've been doing some reading outside of my usual genres lately. There is a poet by the name of Sant Darshan Singh, who's poetry is magnificent. At least to me. There is a book called "Love's last Madness: Poems on a Spiritual Path" (2001) translated from Urdu language by Barry Lerner, and Harbans Singh Bedi. I've read it almost all the way through.


He makes some really interesting points about love, God and how the two are related. Spiritual love and romantic love are intertwined. Which I believe is true. You have to have both for the relatonship to survive any and all hardships....


Here are some quotes that I liked, agree with, or was just speechless by:

" As God is the source of love and the soul is born out of the Divine, the soul is, in essence love. But the soul has been cut off from its divine source, and is a wandering exile seeking the way back home, far beyond this world."

"Where I set out from is a mystery, my existence a journey from the womb of time,
Somewhere inconceivable my origin, my ultimate abode not of this world."

"If only I'd awaken, I'd perceive what this life means; My existence now, an obsessive confusion of dreams."

"When man himself is God's purpose, why ask wherein God's purpose lies? God is hid in the human heart, yet man searches: Where is God?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home