Friday, November 18, 2005

"Here I Sit" by Me, PhoenixRising

This poem was created about 9-10 months ago. It was based off of a song by Me'shell N'degeocello... simple hook... "here I sit outside your door, talk to me"



Withheld information some how disguises itself as the secret
That holds me on the outside of your heart
I’ve never wanted to know a secret so badly as this one
Never wanted to know about your past loves
But you told me anyway
As a means of assuring me that my position was secure
You told me about your dirt, the silly things you did in college
Never needed to know about those senseless acts
But you said it was necessary that I understand them
To understand your conservative actions now
I’ve seen the tears in your eyes when you are hurt
When you say I love you the way your eyes mist
But I have yet to pierce that wall you’ve created
I have yet to be invited in, fully
You are honest when asked, you answer when spoken to
But I feel like I make you do these things, like I exorcise them from your body
With enough prodding and a smile, I’ll get you to talk to me
No voluntary action on your part
You say I love you with ease
I ask you what you are feeling, you cannot answer
You begin to speak and it’s robotic, methodic
Like you’re editing the lines as they come forth
And stop yourself like it will give away your secret
The thing you hold on to so dearly,
As if the very breath you breathe will stop if it all comes out
And if you feel too open you retreat inside self
Leaving me staring into the windows of your soul
Never to be invited in
Here I sit outside your door
Talk to me
How can I get an invitation inside you?
Am I worth a visit or can I move in?
I am willing to break the wall down brick by brick
Sleep outside the door to your heart and wait
Hoping you’ll invite me in
Maybe a visit today, an overnight stay or two
Willing and waiting
My strongest weakness I love you and….
Here I sit outside your door, talk to me


I'm here willing and ready whenever you are... 143

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home