Friday, November 17, 2006

The Dream Weaver is messing with me...

I've been having this recurring dream for the last few months, you know the kind that ends in the same spot, but you still haven't caught the meaning yet? In my dream I'm holding my child, I'm in my favorite performing spot, Tropical Soul (Richmond, Va), my name is called and as I approach the stage I remove my jacket. I stand there for a moment, with my arm folded across my chest, take a few deep breaths and begin to perform. Only thing is the poem I'm performing is a poem I have yet to write, it's dope though. The poem speaks about my role as a mother, and there is a part in the poem where I unfold my arms and reveal tattoos on my arms. They are very intricate, and somehow have to do with my poem. As unfolded my arm everyone ohhs and ahhs. I always wake up right after I unfold my arms.

It sucks because the poem like I said is dope. Can't believe its coming out of me. I wish I could write it down. but I guess its not meant to be written just yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home