Friday, November 03, 2006

I had an OB appointment. The waiting area was crowded. There were severeal young ladies, and I do mean young like barely 16 young there. They were talking amongst themselves and I heard they were all ACS cases attending an alternative school. Most stated they were run aways. All of them were there for pregnancy tests. It blew my mind! Some found out they were pregnant and it was like someone said the grass was green, no biggie. Some scheduled abortions, and some were undecided. For most this was not the first time they'd been through it, so they were taking it in stride, stoic even. My mind raced with the stories they told one another. Each was more crazy than the other. Some of them had children already, and they were barely 15. I couldn't even imagine what that must have been like. Everytime some would leave, more would come in. It was just sad, sad that this was the life they were leading at 15. I kept thinking they just needed someone, anyone to care enough about them for them to just turn their lives around...

And today I walk into work and walked right smack into drama....

I really hate this place. Hate is such a strong word but I really hate the atmosphere these people have created.

1 Comments:

Blogger LuvJam said...

now that's an intersting story to tell.. pick one girl tell her story.. i'd like to see the movie about that one :)

hope things get better..
:)

2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home