Monday, December 19, 2005

It's been three days...

I think I'm sea sick
Found the calm sea we'd been cruising along on
started to get choppy, and swirl and the waves are rising
and I'm physically ill waiting for you to comfort me
You seem to be ok, like the chaos of the sea calmed you
and the calm we came to know was chaos to you
I speak volumes of my love for you, wrote letters and poems
gave prayers in your name, sent you 143 text messages, emails, messages on the voicemail
and still you say you didn't know I loved you
I wanted to have a convo the last time we saw each other
tell you that I loved you, needed you, wanted you
but you wouldn't let me
then called yourself victim, when my frustration spilled over
I still want you, aside from the flaws
I still need you, aside from the confusion of having you
I still love you, regardless
I never wantred to fix you, just wanted to support you
never wanted you to change you, just wanted you to see the need for it
never wanted to force your hand, so I didn't
I take the madning silence as you need space
I apologized for my outbursts in anger
and here I sit waiting to get an ok from you
flying my white flag high in surrender
since I seem to get it wrong with you tell me
How do you want me to tell you I love you
how should I say so that the feeling sticks
what should i do to relay my feelings
I've said, spelled it, put in in numbers, and still you don't recall ever hearing or seeing them
I've been patient with your lack of practice in loving me
you've been frustrated in trying to show
so frustrated, you stopped all together
so now I don't know that the love is still there
i don't know that I still have a place in your world
you give me no choice but to ask
do you still feel that same?
Am I imagining the thrill is gone?
The conquest has been achieved and now you can move past the hope in us?
Was I just a fantasy that came to life, and now the fantasy is over?
I'm sea sick trying to find you
be where you are, see you
I'm sea sick on this ocean of confusion
throw me a lifeline
pick up the phone line
voicemail again, dial tone
I'm sea sick....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home