Thursday, January 05, 2006

You got a dollar I could borrow?

Silence is deafning!!! My goodness, sat in my apt. in silence all night, ok maybe the occasional laugh, but nothing more than that. The situaton will be rectified soon. Maybe...

In my silent hell my mind kept wondering why my dream od love, keeps turning into a nightmare. I am love's best student, I acknowledge and accept all of love's tenents, and yet I fail every test. My singlehood is not only voluntary but a result of being a victim of circumstance. I have yet to find someone that stirs me. I met two guys in the last couple months and, both are really nice guys, but I don't see a romantic future with either of them. There was no physical attraction to either, but they will be great friends though. Nothing more though.

I also wondered why my money aint neve quite right! I pay bills on time, I tried to save. But bills keep popping up at the wrong time. Like my broke weeks. I see people on the train my age and wonder how the hell they afford their lifestyles? I make ok money, and there are times I can barely afford a lotto ticket! But I see them wearing the latest and having the best and they work part time jobs or live with their mom dukes. I think its unfair really. Why am I always struggling to make ends meet, when people who aren't as nice or hard working as me have it all? It's really unfair I tell you!

I just got a raise which I wont see much of, TAXES are a bitch! A lil more change in my pocket is all. My retroactive money kicks in, in like a 60 days. And that's already spent. Paying off bills! Cutting up two of the credit cards after they are paid, paying down the others, paying off my phone bill, and the money is gone...

The plan was to use the money to move or finally buy my new laptop... so sorry no longer an option for me... I'd rather pay all this stuff off and not feel like I always owe somebody something. I hate borrowing money from people too, so I don't ask anymore. Even if I'm in dire need of it, I wont ask anymore. Even if its crackers and cheese for dinner, it will have to be crackers and cheese then.

I'm a struggling artist praying for a lotto win to let me pay my rent for two years, buy a laptop, and a car, and spend my time in school and writing... is that too much to ask? I don't think so, but everyone else does....

2 Comments:

Blogger Sweet KeiKei said...

You wanna look like other 24 year olds??? Mess up your credit! That's what they do to wear the latest designer clothes and jewelry. Or you could go to The Spot where they sell the fake stuff. Or like you said, find someone to mooch off of.
OR you can make a budget and stick to it so you don't feel deprived like you're giving all your money to bill collectors (10% old debts, 30% monthly bills, 10% clothes etc.). Make that money work for you, shit you work to get IT. You're always gonna owe somebody something, that's unavoidable. Use extra money like Income Tax money or raises to pay down your debt as much as possible. It's money you wouldn't have had anyway so put it to good use.
That's my Dear Abby advice for the week.
HOLLA,
UKD

12:20 PM  
Blogger PhoenixRising said...

Oh no dear, debts are being paid down every month! And more than the minimum. Going to be debt free in like three years including student loans.

I don't want to look like other people my age, when I have/had money to just spend I still bargain shop! I was just making an observation about people my age.

I'm too independent to live with my mother or anyone else for that matter. I've been on my own for a few years now, and I'm doing better than some people I see or know.

I had a few smudges on my credit, spent al of 2005 cleaning it up, I only owe student loans and credit cards. Buying a house next year, I have a plan. So I understand the struggle, but its a beautiful struggle cause at the end I have something no one can take away from me.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home